Humidity control is an integral aspect in home comfort. When your home’s indoor humidity level is too low, the indoor air will become dry, leading to discomfort and respiratory issues while also causing damage to wooden furniture, windows and doors. It’s just as bad when the indoor humidity level is extremely high. Excess moisture not only makes your home stuffy and uncomfortable, it encourages mold and mildew to develop in the space, as well. Simply opening your windows a few minutes every day can mitigate this somewhat, but if you want a better alternative solution to high humidity levels, you should consider investing in a dehumidifier for your home.
You’ll know you need a dehumidifier because the warning signs of excess moisture are fairly obvious. A trusted HVAC specialist in the area, Broom Heating & Air Conditioning, discusses some of them here:
- Window condensation. Fogging or ‘sweat’ in the space between your double-pane windows usually indicates an indoor humidity problem. When overlooked, moisture buildup on the window sills can wear down the material, causing them to rot. You may also notice discoloration on the bottom of the trim. The presence of that greenish-black stain means there’s mold in your window units.
- Mold spots on walls and ceilings. It’s not just your windows that can be affected by mold resulting from excess indoor moisture–there may be concentrations of it on your ceiling and walls, as well. You’ll usually find these mold spots in bathrooms, laundry rooms and even kitchens–spaces that generate a considerable amount of moisture. It’s best to invest in a dehumidifier and other humidity control solutions promptly if you can already see mold growing inside your living space. This is because their spores can circulate throughout your home, and breathing them in can lead to a number of health issues.
- Musty odor. There may be no mold spots that you can see–but you’ll know they’re there if you notice a musty smell inside a certain area. Mold can develop in cramped spaces such as basements and crawl spaces due to excess indoor moisture. Too much moisture, in turn, is caused by poor ventilation, the humidity present inside building materials like cement or leaky plumbing. Using a high-quality dehumidifier from your reliable HVAC replacement company, Broom Heating & Air Conditioning, can immediately remove the moisture in these areas. However, you’ll also need to deal with the actual root of your humidity problems. This way, you can prevent them from becoming a recurring issue.
A Possible Pick: Carrier® Performance™ Whole-Home Dehumidifier
To remove unwanted humidity and keep your home comfortable, you should consider the Carrier® Performance™ Whole-Home Dehumidifier. It’s ENERGY STAR®-qualified, which means it’s met stringent energy performance ratings. This particular option is available in two sizes. Regardless of your choice, you’ll have a reliable, high-performing dehumidifier to meet your specific needs.
Premier HVAC specialists, like Broom Heating & Air Conditioning, can help you decide which size will work best for your home. Other great features to expect from this option include:
- Advanced design that’s configurable with your existing HVAC system. If space is an issue, you can also use this whole-home dehumidifier independently.
- Superior humidity control that can remove up to 95 pints of moisture every day.
- Greater filtration efficiency via a MERV 8 filter that keeps the internal components clean.
- Solid warranty coverage that adds an extra layer of protection to your investment.
Why You Should Work with Broom Heating & Air Conditioning
Maintaining comfort, health and energy efficiency in your home should be a year-round priority. That’s why you should always take a close look at the components that can directly affect them. These include your heating, air conditioning and indoor air systems. If you notice they’re in poor condition or are due for a replacement, make sure to turn to the right person for the job. For many homeowners and property managers in the Midlands of South Carolina, the name to call is Broom Heating & Air Conditioning. We’re not just your go-to company for electrical repair–you can also count on us to provide you with the highest-quality HVAC services.
Broom Heating & Air Conditioning is a:
- Family-owned and locally-operated company. You can always expect warm, personalized service when you choose Broom Heating & Air Conditioning to handle your HVAC projects. We carry on the tradition of serving our customers right and doing all that it takes to ensure they’re provided with the best results. We know and fully understand your comfort needs, and you can depend on us to ensure they’re not only met, but exceeded, as well.
- Heating and cooling specialist with decades of experience. Since 1970, Broom Heating & Air Conditioning has served the communities in the Midlands region by delivering reliable, effective HVAC solutions. Whether the job involves HVAC replacement or maintenance, you can always be sure the work will be completed to safety and quality specifications. No costly errors or callbacks–just exceptional workmanship backed by over 50 years of industry experience.
- Certified HVAC company. Broom Heating & Air Conditioning employs NATE (North American Technician Excellence)-certified technicians, so you can have greater peace of mind knowing the team working on your HVAC project is among the top percentage of HVAC professionals anywhere. When NATE-certified technicians are on the job, you can be sure it will be done right the first time.
- Carrier®-Authorized Dealer. We believe that you deserve only the best products and services. For this reason, we became a Factory- Authorized Dealer of Carrier products, providing you with access to top-tier HVAC and indoor air systems and allowing you to benefit from the solid warranty coverage included with them.
Few companies can match the superior HVAC services of Broom Heating & Air Conditioning. We’ve earned many awards for outstanding customer service and performance satisfaction. Plus, we’re grateful to receive 5-star Google reviews from satisfied customers–they serve as our motivation to continue providing the safe, worry-free heating and air conditioning services you’ve come to expect.
Whether you need reliable electrical repair work or effective indoor air quality solutions, Broom Heating & Air Conditioning has got you covered. With our exceptional dehumidifiers from top brand Carrier®, we’ll help you maintain a healthier, more comfortable home. We proudly serve Blythewood, SC, and the surrounding areas. Call us today at (803) 754-5466 or fill out this contact form to schedule your consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!